Our School Uniform is important to us. It is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life. It promotes harmony between different groups represented in the school, assisting the school to identify individual pupils (particularly on external visits) in order to maintain good order and identify anyone not part of our school more easily.
We also believe that school uniform prevents the inevitable loss of self-esteem caused to individual children should a family not be able or willing to provide the newest, most expensive or fashionable clothing and equipment.
The Governors at Broomfield Primary School will respect variations to our school uniform if they are directly related to established religious or cultural traditions. However, any variations will be dealt with on an individual basis and judgements will remain at the discretion of the Head Teacher and the Governing Body. Smartness and high standards of appearance are expected at all times.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL UNIFORM IS NAMED SO WE CAN RETURN IT IF LOST
We require all pupils to wear school uniform which consists of:
- Grey skirt or pinafore of appropriate length
- Grey trousers or shorts (no jeans, joggers or leggings)
- Yellow, white or Dark green polo shirt
- Dark green cardigan or jumper
- Black, grey or white socks/tights
- Green checked dresses/skirts in the summer (optional summer uniform)
- Black, flat, sensible shoes
- Children may wear flat, black/brown boots. (Optional winter footwear)
- Fitted plain sandals with a back strap (Optional summer footwear)
PE and Games Kit
Children must be dressed appropriately for PE to ensure their safety.
- Black shorts
- Plain white T-shirt/polo shirt
- Green school jumper
- Black tracksuit bottoms in colder weather
- Trainers/ bare feet for inside PE
- Trainers for outside PE
Some year groups go swimming during the year, you will be notified of this in advance. On those occasions children will need:
- A towel
- Swimming trunks/close fitting swim shorts or costume
- Googles are optional
Wearing of Jewellery
Jewellery should not be worn at school with the exception of stud earrings. Watches (not phone watches) can be worn, but removed for PE lessons. Earrings must be either covered or removed for PE lessons. Teachers are not responsible for covering, removing or inserting stud earrings.
Staff will not be held responsible for any jewellery which is brought to school and lost.
Wearing of Makeup/hair dye
Children should not be wearing makeup or hair dye for school.
Our older children occasionally bring mobile phones to school. These are handed in to the school office where they are kept safe and collected at the end of the day.
Role of Parents/Guardians
- To ensure the school uniform policy is followed unless special circumstances e.g. a non-uniform day.
- Liaise with school if there is a genuine reason why your child is unable to wear their uniform so it can be discussed.
Role of the Headteacher and Governors
- Ensure that the uniform policy is implemented and reviewed.
- Ensure that the school uniform is affordable, of good quality and accessible for all.
Cost of Uniform
Our school uniform is purchased from www.school-shop.co.uk We are happy for children to wear uniform which does not have the school logo on the polo shirts, jumpers or cardigans as long as it is the same colour. Therefore it doesn’t have to be bought from the recommended uniform site. We ask that people donate uniform, in good condition, back to school when a child grows out of it; we can then pass it on at minimal cost through FOBS (Friends of Broomfield School) to other families, making it more affordable for all.