planning the strategic direction of our school
The Governing Body plans the strategic direction of a school, makes sure public money is well spent, and holds school leadership to account.
A strong governing board ensures robust debate, which in turn leads to better educational outcomes for children.
Please find more detailed information about our Governing Body here. Some information requires updating for the academic year 2021-2, this will be completed and shared on the website after the October 2021 meeting.
Our governors, alongside all the other adults that work in school, are referred to as ‘Duty Bearers’. This reflects their collective duty to uphold children’s rights in all the work they do. School governors and the headteacher are responsible for the overall educational and financial health of the school and will make decisions about:
- setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies;
- agreeing and monitoring the school’s budget;
- appointing staff, including the headteacher;
- maintenance of the school premises;
- improving the school’s environment.
Governors make sure that:
- the National Curriculum is taught;
- standards of achievement are raised;
- the school provides for all its pupils including those from ethnic minority backgrounds and those with special needs;
- the school encourages pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development;
- staff and pupils enjoy a safe and healthy environment.
Miss Megan Anderson
Chair or Governors
Mrs Emma Lancaster
Miss Anne Hughes
Mrs Claire Neill-Webb
Mrs Laura Thompson